Drupalcon is the main event for anyone working with or wanting to learn Drupal. Held periodically in locations around the world, the next Drupalcon will be Drupalcon Denver.
- Washington D.C.: 1,400 people
- San Francisco in 2010: 3,000 people
- Chicago in 2011: 3,000 people
As of January 2012, there are 550 tickets sold. Drupalcon Chicago was at about 1,000 tickets mid-January but they had early bird pricing that expired in January and their conference was 2 weeks earlier than Drupalcon Denver.
Drupalcon Denver's early bird pricing is a smaller bump (only $50) and is not until February. What will the total attendance in Denver be?
- Denver's airport is fairly large
- Denver's hotels are cheaper than Chicago or SF, but the ticket price is the same as Chicago (which was roughly the same as SF if you compare tickets that included meals)
- The population of Denver/Colorado is smaller than SF or Chicago
- 25% of the attendees at SF were from within 75 miles
- Over 25% of the attendees at Chicago were from "nearby" (i.e. neighboring states)
Where will attendance be this year?